As the children engage in different experiences, they will be reflecting on and thinking about their learning. They will be making connections about how this can help not only themselves, but also Mij, as he continues on his adventures.
As the children worked together to solve a problem for Mij, we noted down all the things were seeing and hearing. The children use these to help them reflect on their learning.
- It was hard making the munch box, but we kept on trying. I couldn't believe it when we finished!
- We took it in turns to use the screwdriver and we didn't argue.
- We used number to make sure that the box was the right size for Mij. We counted the cubes.
- We kept on trying to get the antennae to stay on our friend for Mij.
- We had different ideas for the name and we made a new one name with them. (Dogbot - a mixture of robot and dog)
- It was much better when we teamed up today instead of doing things on our own.
- I listened and he spoke. We listened to each other.
- We worked together to solve the problem.
- We fixed our problem. We had a gap. We added more cardboard.
The children had time for a team check in and discussed what was going well and what they needed to improve.
On the final day of the project, the children reflected together. Mentimeter was used to record the words the children decided to use to describe the project.